2. Wheat berry and apple salad
1 cup of wheat berries
Half tablespoon salt
3 cups of water1 cup of well-chopped celery.
1 cup of well-chopped celery
2 cups of well-chopped apple (Cortland or Jonagold)
Half cup of well chopped fresh mint
Half cup of well chopped green onion
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons apple juice
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons well minced fresh ginger
- Place wheat berries in a ceramic bowl. Soak it overnight in the refrigerator to soften. Drain water early the next morning. Apply berries in a small saucepan, followed by salt and 3 cups of water. Boil it and then reduce the quantity of heat for approximately 50 minutes or till it becomes tender. Get rid of any excess water then transfer berries to a mixing bowl.
- Add apples, celery, green onion and mint and blend.
- In a small bowl add vinegar, whisk canola oil, apple juice, ginger and honey together.
- Refrigerate the salad for approximately 4 hours before serving.